Monday, May 6, 2013

Sandwiching the Macarons

Okay, I know my Macarons didn't turn out, all pretty and stuff. It still tasted really good. You have to believe me! Don't worry, I am going to have a Macaron Do over Blog soon. Let it begin and lets start putting the French Macaons together.

For the filling I chose to do a Chocolate Ganache Malt filling. Ganache means; sauce, glaze & or filling for pastries. It is just made up of Chocolate & Cream. Pretty easy huh! In this case I am going to use it as our Macaron filling. I made this before I got started on the French Macarons, so I can let the filling cool down.

What We Need

Macaron Shells
Chocolate Malted Ganache
Teaspoon
Double Broiler
Measuring Cup

Chocolate Ganache

1/2 Cup- Heavy Cream
1 Cup- Semi- Sweet Chocolate
1 TBS- Butter
2-3 TBS- Malted Powder

Directions: I set up a double broiler, as seen in the picture below. I use it, so the Chocolate and cream doesn't burn or Seize up. Make sure we get NO water in the bowl with chocolate. It will break apart. 

Wonder how to set a double broiler up? Get a boiling pot and put water in there, enough to where it doesn't touch the other pot or bowl. I used a stainless steel bowl and set it in there. 

Okay here we go, first thing we need to do is Mise En Place- gathering all of our ingredients. (The Butter is hidden, my bad).


Set up your Double Broiler, then heat up Heavy Cream, gradually whisk in chocolate. Finish up your ganache by adding in your butter.


Now we take our Macaron Shells & fill them. Get your off set spatula and slide it under the macaron, to release it from the parchment paper. They stick, we just need to patient and careful while we lift them off. They are very delicate little treats. Get on of your shells, and scoop a little bit of ganache, spread a tad bit and then put on another Macaron shell. Lightly push together, now you have a little cute, yummy French Macaron sandwich treat.
Here is a little video, on how to fill the Macarons.



Don't get scared by the picture. Trust me they didn't turn out as horrible as this looks. It may have been how I took the picture. As I said earlier, their is room for improvement. In the next post I will discuss, some tips, and how I will be doing it the next time. Yes there will be another attempt for French Macaron. We are not giving up!

Maybe the next photo will be a sense of release ? =)

See not to bad right? I was a little upset, but not anymore when I tried it. I was happy!! My friend loved it, she couldn't even stop eating it. Her 5 year old son loved it too. Thank you for the support, and lets talk it over, and see how we can improve!

We don't want to overload on sugar right?? Once a week, every Wednesday we will be "Relaxing our sweet tooth". I am going to talk about savory dishes, and I will be cooking some dinner and sharing some recipes. See you on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment