Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Relax your Sweet Tooth: Turkey Burger Gone Good... Pineapple Salsa & Guacamole

Pepper Jack & Chipotle Turkey Burgers


Do you need to Relax your Sweet Tooth? Let's cook some dinner then. I wanted to share one of the Best Turkey Burger recipe ever!! I was craving Turkey Burgers for dinner. On my way home I stopped by the grocery store to buy some ground turkey, I was exhausted from being stuck in traffic for 3 hours. I wasn't in the mood too cook anything that would take me so long to make. When I got to New Seasons I went into the meat section and they had Pepper Jack Cheese & Chipotle Turkey Burgers. I was so happy and it sounded so good. I bought 5 Patties. They were $6.99 a pound. Not too bad, the total cost was somewhere around $10.00 and it was already shaped for me so I was like; "this is perfect". I kept shopping around, for some buns & I decided to make Guacamole, because I had 2 avocados at home that needed to be used. I went in the produce section and that's when I seen it, Pineapple Salsa. It just tied the whole burger together. Read on, and check out the delicious turkey burger & side dish recipe. This burger was so good, it made my mouth water thinking about what goes in it.


What we will need for the Burgers

5- Pepper Jack & Chipotle Turkey Burgers
5  Pieces- of Bacon
Guacamole
Pineapple Salsa
Mixed Spring Greens
Barbecue Sauce



Chipotle & Pepper Jack Turkey Burgers



Of course we need too eat something on the side, it was a nice sunny day & it made me think of Potato Salad.

Potato Salad

6- Potatoes (I used red)
5- Hard Boiled Eggs
2- Pickles
1/4 Cup- Mayonnaise
1/4 Cup- Sour Cream
1 TBS- Mixed Herbs; Sage, Rosemary & Thyme
Salt & Pepper- to taste
3 TBS- Prepared Yellow Mustard
1 TSP- Vinegar ( I used Pomegranate Vinegar)

Dice the potatoes & Eggs, put in a bowl and add your chopped pickles, & herbs. Set aside in the refrigerator and let it cool down. In a separate bowl; add mayonnaise & sour cream and mustard & vinegar. (I don't like my Potato Salad to be to liquidity, so I don't add that much Mayo & Sour Cream). Mix together, then add to the potato mixture, add salt & pepper to taste. Gently mix it, you don't want to break up your potatoes and eggs.



I needed to let my eggs cool down, so I let the cold water run on them.


The Potato Salad was so good. 

.



My Boyfriend loves; Deviled Eggs.. so I cooked some extra eggs, and made him some Deviled Eggs.

Shob's Deviled Eggs

3- Hard Boiled Eggs
1 tsp- Mustard
2 TBS- Mayonnaise
1- Piece of Bacon
2 TBS- Shredded Cheese
Salt & Pepper- to taste
1/2 tsp- Garlic Powder
dash of- Cumin, Coriander & Chili Powder
green onions- optional

Slice the eggs in half, take out your egg yolks, add in Mayonnaise, Mustard & Cheese, cut up half of your bacon in to crumbs and add into you egg yolk mixture, then add your; spices. Get the other half of the bacon, chop and crumble on top. Pretty & Yummy presentation.

* I used a star tip piping bag, to pipe in the yolks.


No comments:

Post a Comment